GLOSSYBOX August 2012 USA

Hello, hello!

Here we are again with another box from GlossyBox :D
If you're a new follower or don't know about this particular company, they send out 5 travel sized beauty products (sometimes they are full sized items!) each month that you're subscribed. I've been thoroughly enjoying each month!


Inside the box they carry their new GLOSSYMag.
I had to share this section they included about color!

 

On to the products! Here is the list of items they sent.




BIOLAGE ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment

A little goes a long way when it comes to using serums and oils for hair. If you think a few drops isn't enough, slowly build it in your hair first because oil can easily weigh hair down.
This has a pleasant smell to it, not too strong. That's about all I can say for it though. It says it's for all hair types, but I haven't noticed much difference in my hair. Then again, my hair is very processed! It needs a lot more work than this. For natural hair or thin hair, I could see this working much better.


ELLIS FAAS Ellis Lips

WOW.

This was my absolute favorite product from this box. This was SO spot on for me that I was actually showing it off, and I'm not the kind of person to do that, haha! The package was deceiving with it's plain look, but the product design is absolutely appealing. It's shaped like a BULLET. Come on, who wouldn't be entertained by that? Rather than a normal lip stick, it comes in a liquid form, applied with a brush. You twist the bottom of the item and the color comes out from the middle of the brush.


It's very moisturizing, which is something I never expect from many lip colors. It lasts as long as you don't eat and drink, haha! It's semi-glossy and best worn with lip liner underneath to get an even coat, but it's very opaque by itself.
Sometimes I just carry this around even if I'm not using it cause it's so neat xD

Here it is in the works!



ILLAMASQUA Nail Varnish

To me, this is a unique color of nail polish. It's not something I'd pick right away or even look for. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it though. IT LOOKS JUST LIKE CHOCOLATE. I actually can barely put it on my nails without wanting to try it, but I know it wouldn't go very well.

It dries somewhat matte, not as shiny as other nail polished, but it might be due to the color itself. It doesn't take too long to dry either. Great quality, packaging, and design. I'm more in love with the bottle than the nail polish itself. It's sleek and would be a lot easier to store if all my nail polish bottles were like this!

Currently, I'm using them on my nails as a chocolate drip.
 Lenses used are EOS Dark Ice Violet 2 Tone.



OLE HENRIKSEN Truth Serum

This is supposed to smooth out lines and wrinkles, fight environmental aggressors, and keep skin moisturized, nourished, and protected. My skin is still pretty youthful and doesn't have many lines or wrinkles, but I do believe it's good to start early on things like this. You wouldn't wait to get a pimple before you start cleaning your skin, right? Maybe that's just the way I see it.

I've been using this since I got the box and I'm OBSESSED with the smell! It's been the highlight of my face routine. It's so refreshing. It's not a strong smell. It's light and airy, and smells like wonderful mornings, hahaha!

I can't say what effect it's had on my skin just yet. I take pretty good care of my face, but I'll keep using it just for the smell x] Plus, it's pretty!


TOUCH IN SOL Feel like Honey Moon Skin Base

This is the first skin primer I've ever used so I can't compare it to past experiences or other products. First, the texture is very interesting. It smoother than what it looks like in the bottle. It's a thin liquid gel but it's easy to apply. It takes about a pea's size to cover my entire face. It dries quickly and is a bit tacky as it's drying, but completely smooth when it's settled. Compared to using this and not using it when putting on makeup, I can't tell too much of a difference. My skin can be more oily or more dry on any given day so it's hard to track results. I'll continue using it anyways. I've been told that primer is a good barrier between your skin and makeup.

♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment