Purple Hair!

A few people were asking me how I achieved my purple hair and what products I used. This time around it really wasn't very complicated since purple is right next to blue on the color chart.

Originally, my blue hair was dyed with ION Color Brilliance Brights Aqua, but diluted. It was put on top of bleach blonde hair. One day, out of impulse, I decided I wanted to dye my hair purple and I grabbed the ION Color Brilliance Brights Red, diluted it and put it on top of my blue hair. Ta-dah! Color wheel magics (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*: ・゚✧

Like I said, not complicated.

Here are some pictures I took for people who wanted to see the real color. It was hard to capture, actually. I had to photoshop some of these to get the purple to come out more since there were really strong blue undertones.

Btw, I look miserable in most of these photos cause I was sick!




However, I went back to blue in just a few short days because I didn't like the purple on me as a personal choice. I like the color, I thought it was pretty, but I just wasn't feeling it. The last time I had purple hair, I thought it dulled out my skin and made it look pasty. I still think it does, even if some people wouldn't agree. Either way, it's my hair, I do wut I want.


I just washed my hair a good couple times and let the shampoo sit in my hair for 5-10 minutes. I really diluted the red dye so it was easy to take out, but there are still some purple spots in my hair and it's not as bright of a blue anymore.

I would dye it a different color, but I forgot how difficult it is to get rid of blue hair!
The last time I had all blue hair I just went ahead and did a dark brown cause I couldn't get rid of it.
D-dang.

I would dye it silver/grey/gunmetal but the blue is just way too strong. I would need to go back to blonde which is too much of a hassle.

♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment