GlossyBox February 2013: International Style

Here is another box from

For new readers, GlossyBox is a company that sends beauty boxes filled with travel sized products (of which they occasionally send full sized products) that range from skin, hair, nails, and makeup products. This is a really awesome deal for those who like to try out new products and like getting surprises and treats! You can subscribe for one month, which is one box for $21, or for 3 months, 6 months, and up to a year! 

This time there are two skin products, two makeup products, and one nail product. Below is the card they send with the box to show the description and price for each product.


♡♡♡


BVLGARI
Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc Soap

When I opened the box, it smelled amazing and it was all thanks to this soap! My sister told me that BVLGARI is a brand name. I don't keep up with brands and labels so I wasn't aware, but I know GlossyBox tends to send out great products.

This soap is definitely more for the scent because I wasn't thrilled when I used it. On my skin, it felt drying. Like that squeaky clean feeling that most soaps tend to give. I'm not a fan of it personally. The smell is nice. I'm not sure how to describe it but it's more suited to people who prefer a mature scent. It's not light and airy like fruity smells. It's closer to a powdery scent.

Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder

It was difficult to capture the actual color of this so it may look different on your monitor than in person. It's a red-pink color. It's kind of a reddish mauve. The name is funny because lilacs are a bright blueish purple like color. I'm not a huge fan of the color for my skin tone and hair. It's definitely shimmery and the texture is smooth but I don't like loose powders. With this a little goes a long way though. It's surprisingly opaque but wipes off easily. Which can be both good and bad, depending on how much you like shimmer.

LiSi
Eye Definition Cream Eyeliner

It's been awhile since I've had an eyeliner in a pot. I prefer using these to pencil because they tend to go on smoother. I want to keep myself from pulling on my skin as much as possible and this does help.

It says to use with their LiSi eyeliner brush but since I don't have one I used a small angled brush on my hand. It doesn't smooth out evenly but when I tried rubbing it off, it's very resilient. I had to wash it off with soap to get rid of the rest. So makeup remover is a must for this product.

The color itself, "Tanzanite", is a very dark grey color. It's not quite black. At least not to my expectations and standards of black eyeliner.

It does hold up to it's description though. It is long wearing and smudge proof. Unless you're rubbing your eyes heavily, this should stay in place pretty well! I do wonder if application would be different with their own brush though :0

Missha
Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Hydra Gel Mask

Last night I decided to use this mask after an extremely exhausting day. I haven't really looked at the packet much. I just looked at the instructions and left it on for 40 minutes. It felt really great and relaxing. The mask is definitely gel-like and in it has this fabric that keeps it together. I added a close up of the mask. The texture isn't actually the fabric, the entire thing feels like gel.

When I took it off after 40 minutes, the mask itself wasn't wet anymore. It was still gel-like, of course. It wasn't dried out but it was just cold from the air and there was only a bit of moisture left on my face. I patted it in and when I woke up this morning, my face felt great! It was smoothing and hydrating. My skin didn't get oily or dry. It was pretty balanced. I'm very happy with the results.

However, now that I'm fully awake and aware, I see that it has full vital...
5% SNAIL SLIME EXTRACT.

I really like snails. I think they're cute and I just, I don't know how to feel. My face feels so good (And I accidentally tasted the mask and it's sweet, LOL. It makes me want to laugh and cry.) and I hope that the snails are okay or whatever and I just feel so weird, hahah! It's such a conflicting thing for me.

Nail Rock Nail Wraps

Nail wraps are a really interesting way to do your nails. It's still time consuming but it's not as much of a hassle as waiting for your nails to dry without getting stuff on them or accidentally ruining the finish.

I've had them on for a couple days now and I'm surprised and impressed that they've lasted through hand washes, showers, and I even hair dye. I washed out the pink dye from my hair and they didn't stain! I thought they wouldn't last long but the packages says it can last up to 10 days!

The application isn't difficult. The most difficult part was probably filing off the excess parts only because it was very long, making it difficult to shape to the edge of my nail. I'd suggest cutting that part off before trying to file it to the edge of your nail. Though it's nice how long the pieces are since some people like to have really long nails.

They have varying sizes as well but there wasn't enough for me to do all five of my nails because my index finger and ring finger are about the same size. So I painted my ring fingers pink! In the picture above, those are my own nails and they look just like on the package.

For a day the edges were a little rough. I could feel the plastic parts from the wraps but they smoothed out and like I said, I'm surprised and impressed how long they've lasted. It's $8 and I think they're worth it if you really like this kind of stuff. I mean, you do get several coats with regular nail varnish that can cost less, but this is smooth with no fingernail imprints. There's no obnoxious smell or mess. It's very convenient for a last minute change but it still takes time since there are specific steps you have to do in order for them to really stick. Still, they don't feel as heavy as nail varnish too.

♡♡♡

Thank you for visiting my blog!

♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment