Happy Birthday, GlossyBox!


GlossyBox has been in the US for a year now. From all the boxes that I've received, I'm happy they're still running because it's been a joy trying out a bunch of new products and a blessing for the times when I was about to run out of something I needed, hahaha! Thank you, Glossybox, for allowing me this experience with you!

For their birthday, they were kind enough to send out personalized phone cases from Caseable! I chose a drawing I did awhile ago and it looks adorable :]

This month's box has six items instead of the usual five. They really wanted to treat everyone!



Epionce Intense Defense Anti-Aging + Repair Serum

This serum dries nice and evenly and needs moisturizer after if you decide to put this on first. Priced at $136 I sure hope it does what it's supposed to! Since it helps prevent signs of aging, this product mustn't be expected to get rid of signs of aging. I enjoy using serums like this because I don't think it's too early to start treating your skin well, whether you wear makeup or not. 

Etre Belle Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask

There's something relaxing about these face shaped masks. There wasn't any specific time to keep it on so I left it on for 40 minutes and kind of dozed a little in bed, haha. Beforehand, I had exfoliated my skin and did a clay mask. After 40 minutes the mask was still very moisturized and when I took it off it felt cooling and I felt refreshed. The result of the mask was okay for me. I've only tried a few in the past but one that stands out the most that has been quite incomparable is the SUPER AQUA CELL RENEW SNAIL HYDRO GEL MASK from Missha. My skin felt AMAZING. It was also a product that GlossyBox sent a few months ago!

European Wax Center - The Exfoliate

I wound up with two of the same packets instead of two different ones! Oh well. I tried this out right before painting my nails. It smelled very fruity and felt a little sticky since it was gel-like but there were no beads or harsh little grains which most exfoliating products have. I used it around my finger nails and washed it off. My nails felt prepped but my skin felt a little dry. It's an interesting product. A lot of the time, exfoliates can leave the skin very dry and spread with little grains or beads but this came right off and seemingly did it's job!

Nicka K New York
Absolute! Perfume Stick

What I like about this perfume stick is that it's very small and won't take a lot of space in my bag. It will last a long time and it also won't spray in my bag if the cap came loose! However, I'm kind of a texture person and I didn't enjoy putting this on my skin. It's like putting chapstick on other parts of my body. If that doesn't bother you, then this may work out really well! I'm not sure how long the smell lasts since you get used to the perfume you're wearing throughout that day that you don't even notice it after awhile.

Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray
I sprayed this product on my damp hair after shaking the bottle, then blow dried it. It didn't dry out my hair, it was actually soft but it didn't look bigger than normal but it lasted pretty good. However, my hair is pretty voluminous to begin with and it may have just helped keep it up during the day.

Xtreme Lashes Glideliner Long Lasting Eye Pencil 

AND THEN THIS PRODUCT. I AM SO EXCITED TO TELL YOU ABOUT THIS.
The first time I tried it, I FLIPPED. I didn't expect anything but just another pencil eyeliner. I really don't know why I thought that way because why would GlossyBox send thousands of people ordinary eyeliner?

I'm not a fan of pencil eyeliners. They can be dry and pull on the skin too harshly and sometimes the color isn't true or even enough that you have to apply it twice or three times! That's not good for the sensitive skin around our eyes so I tend to use liquid eyeliner or eyeshadow as liner since it's more gentle. This is a gel eyeliner and is incredibly soft and glides on so easy. It has Vitamin E in it which is great for skin! It does last all day and takes a little work to remove with proper makeup remover but it is not smudge-proof as it claims. The color is pure, direct from one application. That's what made me ecstatic about it. The darkness is impressive as some black liners look a little gray or has a shine. You can see above that it's looks like black marker on paper! This eyeliner is available in seven shades!

I've only two complaints about this product. I can see myself using this up quick because of how soft the product is. It will run out faster, especially to keep it pointy, which leads to my second complaint. It's hard to made a clean line unless the end is pointy. For practicality reasons, I'll likely stick to my liquid liners and black eyeshadow and angled brush combo. But I'm going to enjoy this so long as I have it!

And as a side story, the first time I tried it, I immediately made a little text post about this elsewhere from how amazed I was about it. Here, I'm normally composed and I don't use cuss words because I want to remain professional but elsewhere I tend to be more lax with my language. Well, I was being ridiculous about it and it was requested that I made a review in the same ridiculous way. If you want to read it, highlight below! I made it in white text, hahahaha! I think after reading that, you'll understand my love for this eyeliner.

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING EYELINER. IT’S THE FUCKING SHIT. THAT SHIT GLIDES ON LIKE BUTTER ON MY ASS ON A HOT DAY. YOU KNOW WHAT FUCKING ELSE? YOU DON’T WANNA PULL THAT SKIN AND MAKE IT BAGGY. THIS SHIT GOT THAT VITAMIN E TO NOURISH THAT SKIN. IN. SEVEN. DIFFERENT. SHADES. SEVEN SHADES OF FUCK YOU I’M FABULOUS. BUT I GOT BLACK. NO FUCKING GRAY BULLSHIT THAT SAYS IT’S BLACK. HOW BLACK IS IT? IT’S BLACKER THAN THOSE SCARY AS SHIT DEEP SEA MOTHERFUCKING TRENCHES. LOOK DEEP INTO MY EYES, FUCKER, CAUSE I’M A FUCKING MYSTERY. You know, mystery, like those deep sea trenches.

Alright, that's it for this review!
I hope you enjoyed it!

♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment