Saturday, July 6, 2013

GlossyBox Review!

I've been such a bad blogger lately and I apologize! It's been a little rough for me lately and my motivation is zapped. Until I can get myself together again, my posts won't be as detailed. Though I may not return to the way I used to blog. I'm not sure yet.

For now, here is the latest box from GlossyBox.
They accidentally sent me two so I've got a few extra items to review!



1. Philip B. Light-Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse
It's supposed to increase the hair's strength and elasticity. Some of the ingredients include African Shea Butter, Wheat Germ, and Soy Protein. After I shampooed and rinsed my hair, I put this into my hair and let it sit for about 3-5 minutes. When I washed it out, I was expecting my hair to feel soft and silky like with conditioner, but it truly is a conditioning creme. It felt like it coated it and that it's a product that concentrated on strengthening just as it says on the bottle. My hair did feel kind of thicker but the product didn't spread easy in my hair so I had to use a lot and preferred to use conditioner afterwards.

2. Philip B. pH Restorative Detangling Toning Mist
I was interested in this product since the ends of my hair tangles up.
The description says: This super lightweight toner adjust the pH of tap water allowing the cuticle of the hair to seal tightly leaving smooth, detangled, shiny, gorgeous  finished, tone hair. With Apple Cider Vinegar as a natural astringent and pH balance, together with lightweight essential oils, Philip B pH Restorative Toning Mist detangles hair, reduces frizz and static, while enhancing shine, leaving your hair with a fresh, beautiful finish.
Sounds good, right? Well, I tried it once and only once. I couldn't get passed the smell and using once wasn't enough for me to see a difference. Unfortunately, I couldn't get myself to use it again because of the smell. It didn't linger when it dried, thankfully, but it was too strong as I've got a sensitive nose.

3. SpaRitual Favorites Nail Polish
The two colors I got were the Hijinks Shimmer and the Days of Wine And Roses Shimmer. The orange was a little translucent and needed a couple more coats while the burgundy was pretty dark and only needed two coats. I wasn't impressed by this product mostly because they're not colors I would pick for myself. Aside that, I feel like it's a good nail polish and it's vegan but I wouldn't buy these colors for $12 each.


4. tarte complexion enhancing lipstick
The description says: These creamy lipsticks have a glossy, tinted core that gives the appearance of fuller-looking, luscious lips. Thanks to complexion-enhancing pigments and emollient waves, lips have never appeared more youthful.
What I like about this lipstick is that it imitates the gradient lip look. The main color is in the center, concentrating on the inner parts of the lip with the nude color on the outside. It is creamy and I haven't experienced dryness with it. It applies nicely too. However, the nude is a bit light for my skin tone which is too bad because these are the only two colors they have. It's not very versatile as we all come in lots of different skin tones!


5. Oscar de la Renta Essentials Luxuries
There are six fragrances available in the bag. The second box I got had the same amount and the same exact scents. The names are Sargasso, Coralina, Oriental Lace, Santo Domingo, Granada, and Mi Corazon. I'm pretty awful at describing scents and with my nose being sensitive to smells, it would be difficult for me to do this, hahaha. They all smell very mature. They're not like bubblegum and cucumber kind of scents. They smell sophisticated.

6. c.Booth Honey Almond Nourishing Dry Oil Mist
This product sprays out like a mist so it will have more even coverage. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy and it smells incredibly yummy. I like to put it on right after lotioning my skin for that extra softness, but you can put it on at any time. It's free of parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, and petrolatum.

♡♡♡

I'm really excited about the Oil Mist out of everything for this month's box. It was fun to try everything else out as a person who doesn't like to buy out of my comfort zone, haha. Subscribing with GlossyBox allows you to try new things without having to spend too much and sometimes there are items that I absolutely fall in love with and would even get full sizes of! So if you haven't tried GlossyBox yet maybe wait for a month where they have a box that you're really interested in, as they post the items on their site, and have your own fun experience of opening a GlossyBox and trying out all the products!

Thanks for reading my review and thank you to all the readers of this blog for your patience and understanding of my absence and lack of detail in my recent posts! Thank you for sticking around. I truly appreciate it! Hope all of you are doing well!

♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment