Glossybox October Exclusive Early Preview!

I feel like such a lucky gal!
Glossybox decided to send me an exclusive early preview of the October Glossybox!
It will be a special edition box curated by Byrdie Beauty, the sister site of Who What Wear.


October's box will include the items above from Tarte and Fresh. The Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara by Tarte and the Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream by Fresh.


First of all, one of my favorite color combinations is pink and gold so I can't stop gushing over these pictures. If the unusual but beautiful gold packaging doesn't draw you in, maybe the product itself will!

This mascara claims to lengthen, curl, and magnify for a intensified look and increases lash volume by 752% instantly. Take a look yourself of my before and after of my own eye.


What do you think?

I don't have the long, full lashes that I envy so I wear falsies often. Even with mascara it's not enough to my taste, but you can see a clear difference and improvement of thickness and length with this mascara on. I typically wear mascara only on my bottom lashes since they grow sideways and look nearly invisible. With mascara I coat them with downward strokes so that they appear.

I think I'm more in love with the package than the mascara itself. However, I'm not very good at reviewing mascara since it's difficult for me to apply. Mascaras tend to be work for me because of how thin my lashes are and how close they are to my skin so it results in a lot of smudging and patience to apply.

Compared to other mascaras that I've tried, I still prefer the Beauty Addicts Show Off Mascara which was also in a Glossybox last year! Maybe it's because it had a curved brush though. My eyelashes and eyes shape may be better suited with a curved brush whereas all the other mascaras I've tried have straight brushes. I only just realized that now, hahaha! Goes to show how much I pay attention to my lashes. I ought to buy a curved mascara brush. For makeup beginners, let's learn together cause apparently there's still a lot I don't know!


As for this face cream, the products I love tend to be the ones that make a great impression on me the first time I use them and this is one of those products. Good skin products are hard to come by and it takes so much money and experimenting to find which ones work right just for your skin type. Mine is combination oily/dry, which is difficult and awful to have, haha. I get both the problems of being too oily and shiny which makes makeup cake and run off my face and being too dry which means my skin gets flakey and dry and can hurt without proper moisturizer which looks really bad with makeup on. It's a mess.

The first thing I fell in love with about this moisturizer is the texture. It went right into my skin and it wasn't runny or wet that it took awhile to dry. It felt smooth and silky and so did my skin. When it was dry it didn't leave my skin needing more nourishment and it didn't make the oiliness of my skin worse. I can't say it helped it either but it's very important to me that my skin products don't make me oilier or drier. I can say this is a good in between and probably would work best for people with normal/dry skin, but it's definitely not bad for people with oily skin either.

The second thing I fell in love with was the scent. It's not too strong. It's very light and relaxing. You shouldn't notice it after it dries either, unless you have a very strong nose.

They sent a sample size jar of this product of 15ml which will last me between a week to a couple weeks, using it day and night. The full size jar is 50 ml at $42. In all honesty, it's probably a really good investment for people who take extra steps to take care of their skin. It will last a long time and it has great instant results. When I buy any product I mean to dedicate to it while being able to use it for a long time and not waste money. I would categorize this product under those requirements.

This is the second product that I remember from Fresh being sent by Glossybox and so far I'm definitely a fan of their work. The last product I remember was the Umbrian Clay Mattifying Seruman oil control serum, and it was awesome!

♡♡♡

Each box has 5 different beauty products and is only $21, which is a great price considering all the great items they send :D And if you would like to get a better feel about Glossybox and a look of all the different products they sent out, check out all of my Glossybox Reviews here!

♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment