Glossybox + Byrdie Collaboration!

Apologies for the late post. I've been meaning to put this review up but time keeps getting away from me! However, here it is now and I'm happy to share it with you! I'm very sure of my reviews of these products now that I've had more changes to use them. Fortunately, I'm not too late posting up this review and it's still available to order if you're interested in the products I'll be reviewing below. Click this link to order!

Now about this box, this month is a collaboration between Glossybox and Byrdie. Byrdie is an online magazine devoted to all things beauty. Launched by the creators of WhoWhatWear.com, the site that highlights the best in beauty, from celebrity makeup secrets to the latest products, with insider tips from the world's top hairstylist and makeup artists. Byrdie is both a resource and inspiration to those seeking sophisticated, shoppable beauty content online.

Now, let me tell you about the products below and what I think of the work created between these two businesses!


As a reminder, this Glossybox is for the USA. Glossybox is available in many countries, so check out their site to see if you can get one in your area! As per usual, there is five beauty products of different types.


All the products are rather luxurious. If all these items were full sized, the total would come up to $208.50USD. I would expect each product to hold up to it's price worth even in a sample bottle.


Starting off with the first item, this is the Balance Me Shine On Tinted Lip Salve which is $16.50USD. My lips become dry easily so I'm very particular about the lip products I use. I've been using this product quite often and it does a good job with keeping my lips moisturized without it being heavy. When I apply it on top of dry lips, it eventually softens. It's very glossy, even though it doesn't show in the picture. I wanted to show the color more than the gloss. They gave me the Super Soft Beige color. It's tinted so it's not too strong. There's no flavor or strong scent, which is minty. I like the design of the tube. It's easy to apply and I'll be able to use just about every little bit of it. I hate wasting anything that I've bought, so I'm happy about that.

There is no parabens, sulphates, petroleum, mineral oils, silicones, dea, pegs, propylene glycol, artificial fragrances or colours. It's made in the UK and is NOT tested on animals. If any of those things matter to you, then this may be the gloss for you!

Since I'm not well educated in that area, with my preferences and other glosses that I've tried, there is two that come to mind that I would choose over this one, which is the C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint and the Figs & Rouge Lip Balm. I have to give credit and thanks to Glossybox for introducing me to the Fibs & Rouge lip balm!


The second item on the list is the BVLGARI Eau Parfumee Au The Vert Eau De Cologne, which is $85USD at full size. Over the months with Glossybox, they have sent a few products by BVLGARI. The first time I had one of their products, I showed it to my sister and she told me that it was a brand name. Money doesn't come along easily to me so I'm not familiar with big brand items. I get what I need and what I can afford. That's one of the reasons I love Glossybox, they give me the opportunity to try things I usually wouldn't be able to! Anyways, my personal experience with BVLGARI has revealed that I'm not interested in it. Being a brand name, I would expect that I would love it but it takes a particular taste for this brand and the scents that come with their products. I have nothing against them either, but it doesn't catch my attention.

If you've followed me long enough, I'm horrible at describing smells, hahaha! What I can say about this parfumee is that it's suited for people who want to exude a mature nature. The description on their site says that the bottle perfectly evokes the freshness and vitality of the fragrance within.


Next is the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream, which is $42 at full size. I've already reviewed this item because Glossybox surprised me with a sneak peek of this box! When they sent me the full box, I had the chance to continue using this product with a second sample jar. My further experience with this face cream wasn't as thrilling as the first go around.

Originally, in my first review, I was thrilled with the results. It worked into my skin really well and it felt smooth. It seemed like it worked immediately! Well, my oily/dry combination skin decided that it was only going to comply with the product for a week or two. With using this alone, the driest parts of my face weren't moisturized enough. It didn't affect my oily skin too much, but it didn't help either. In the end, it seems this product is best for normal skin. BUT, everyone is different which means some products will be more affective than others. It really is a pain looking for something that works just right!

I can still say that I love the texture and the scent though. It's feels good on the skin and it's not over powering to put on your face.  The sample size jar is 15ml which lasted me between a week to week and a half, using it day and night. If this works well with you, it would be a good investment, if not, skip out and keep experimenting because you never know how well it will work!

For example, this may have not worked well for me, but the same company carries the Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum, an oil control serum, and it was awesome! Not all of their products will work for me, but this one did :] Another item I had the chance to use because of Glossybox!


And speaking of dry skin, this is the Sesha Renu Exfoliating Gel, which is $42USD at full size. Exfoliating gel is exactly what it sounds like. It's a gel-like product that you put on clean, dry skin. Use a circular motion with your finger tips to get it working and what happens is that the gel bonds with dead skin and beads up. It's pretty interesting.

The first time I ever used a product like this, I was skeptical but curious. I'm so used to using scrubs and face loofas to get that stubborn dry skin off. Sometimes I would rub too hard and cause redness to my face. Once, when I was younger, I over did it and I broke the skin!

As you can see in the picture above, the product balled up dry skin on my hand. I was surprised with how much there was because I keep my skin moisturized. Either it works incredibly well or the product balls up by itself as well as dry skin. Careful not to get it into your hair because it will be a pain to get out. The directions say to rinse it off but some of it can clump and stay attached to your face. Use a wet hand towel to gently rub them off.

When I used it on my face it did help remove some of my dry skin, so it definitely works. My only issue with this product is the price. I wouldn't use it because of that and because I already an exfoliating gel from Frutique at a much more affordable price and it works just as well.


Lastly is the Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara, which is $23USD. Glossybox has turned me over to Tarte. All the products I've received from them that are tart cosmetics, I've loved.

About mascara, I'm not good at applying it and since my lashes are so thin, I don't use it often and rely on falsies. So excuse my application if it's not appealing, but this is a good example of the difference this mascara makes. It made my lashes more visible by creating thickness.

I haven't used many different mascaras so I can't say if this really is the best out of them or not but it ranks up there with my experiences. Compared to other mascaras that I've tried, I still prefer the Beauty Addicts Show Off Mascara which was also in a Glossybox last year! Maybe it's because it had a curved brush though. My eyelashes and eyes shape may be better suited with a curved brush whereas all the other mascaras I've tried have straight brushes.

Besides the product itself, I absolutely adore the packaging. Gold is my favorite metallic color. Looking at it alone makes me happy, haha! The casing is something I've never seen before. It's like a fake leather.


That's it for this review!

It's only $21USD each box, which is a great deal when considering the price of the products they send. You can subscribe to one month, three months, half a year, or a full year.

♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment